The members of Community Lutheran Church, Los Angeles gather together to celebrate God’s grace. By God’s endeavor to grow in our faith as disciples of Jesus. All are welcome to share in our worship service, which is centered in the good news of Jesus Christ.
Community Lutheran Church became a Mission, in 1948, when the door-to-door canvassing and survey efforts of Lutheran Mission Parish Worker, Ms. Thelma Tollefson, were recognized by the Church Board for the Commission on Negro Missions. In 1950, the Commission, officially, became the Inter-Lutheran Agency of the National Lutheran Council. It has been sixty-eight years since Community Lutheran Church was constructed. Even now, its image and name remains ever-present, in history, as the first American Lutheran African Descent Congregation established in the Western United States.